Across campus there are numerous locations to recycle! MSU also operates a Recycling Drop-off Center that is open to the public. For a list of material accepted, check out our recycling guides linked below.
Recyclables from campus and the Drop-Off Center are brought to the SSRC material recovery facility, located on campus. There, items are hand-sorted, baled, and shipped to regional processing facilities or to a broker for resale.
- Campus Recycling Guide (Mobile friendly version)
- Applies to most University academic and office buildings, residential halls, and event spaces.
- Click here for a printer friendly guide
- Public Drop-Off Center Recycling Guide
- Available to the public
- Located on campus, off of Farm Lane, between Service Road and Mt. Hope Road
- Plastics Explained
- Learn more about what plastics are accepted for recycling and why.
Additional Waste Diversion Resources
- Utilize the MSU Community Reuse program
- Donate select good condition items.
- Recycle polystyrene (Styrofoam).
- Recycle select electronics.